St Mary’s School was opened in 1946. The Presentation Sisters and Sisters of Mercy were the leading light at St Mary’s for many years until the first lay principal was appointed in 1974.
After the withdrawal of the religious order the locals continued their strong support of their community school. Student numbers have dwindled in the past but on these occasions the community has worked together to support our belief that Catholic Education is vital to the community.
This community involvement continues today and success of the school and Catholic Education depends largely on the partnership between the community and the teaching staff.
Photo of school in 1953